Sunday, May 8, 2016

Field Trips and Outdoor Time

 The puppies have been getting lots of outdoor time this week.  We have had a beautiful week of weather and so they have spent most of their day out in the yard.  As you can tell from the picture above, they are exhausted by the end of the day too.

The puppies also went on a couple of field trips this week.  I was able to show them off to my preschoolers.  I didn't get any pictures because I was very busy with crowd control, but they loved them!  We are doing a pet/animal study and a visit from Hazel's puppies was the culmination of the study.

They also took a trip to the Middle School on Thursday.  My daughter Miah (Pictured below) has been working on a research project about dog abuse.  With this project, she had to research a topic she was passionate about, present it, decide how she could raise awareness, and then come up with a plan of how she could use $250 dollars to support her cause.  She decided that she would use the $250 dollars to host a 5K walk/run that participants would walk with their dog.  She would take the money raised in the run and donate it to programs that use dogs as therapy for kids or adults with special needs.  I think the highlight of my day was walking into the room with the puppies.  You should have seen their faces light up.







 We literally had to tear this puppy (Aubie) away from this boy.  He handed the puppy to me at the end of the class period and said, "That just made my day...wait, that just made my week!"


 Happy Mother's Day Hazel Mae