Thursday, June 25, 2009

Regal makes a new home in Iowa City

Greyson and Shelby Dumont of Iowa City drove down last Friday morning from Iowa City to pick up Regal. I met the Dumont's in Sioux City at Scheels Sporting Goods (a convenient excuse for me to buy some more hunting stuff) and they absolutely adored her. I talked to Jason (the father) and he is very pleased with Regal. He said she is extremely intelligent and full of piss and vinegar! The girls have been asking him everyday when their picture would be on the blog, and I apologize for not getting it up sooner. The last week has been busy!! The Dumont's welcome her into their family of six with open arms, and they are already loving her like one of their own. Jason hunts upland primarily and has some ground in the Pheasant program by Iowa City which he plans to hunt Regal hard in. Jason also keeps busy chasing the big bucks around Iowa City in the fall. He's got a 192 non-typical on the wall, and told me if I ever get down in the area that he would put me up in a treestand and take Belle, Remi, and I out to do some pheasant hunting. (I am sure he was just being nice, and he doesn't know that I'll probably take him up on that offer haha!! It would be fun to get out there this fall so see how Regal is doing, and I also enjoy seeing one of Belle's pups so that they can reunite! Regal was big buddies with Remi and Gus that was picked up on saturday, and they were missing her when she left. I am glad that Regal found such a loving home with lots of kids to play with and keep her busy. I will look forward to seeing how they all bond together, and how Regal grows into a great hunter just like her parents.