Saturday, May 13, 2017

Preschooler's Visit

Last week I took my preschool students on a field trip to see the puppies and play at the park.  They were SO excited to see these puppies I have been talking about for the last 6 weeks.  I have showed them multiple videos, so they were pretty excited to see them in person.









This little girl wanted to take Silas home SO bad.  Her mom is going to have a baby in just a couple of weeks, so I kept telling her, "You will have a baby at your house in just a few weeks to hold and snuggle."  She responded with, "Yeah, but I would rather have Silas." :) 







This little boy in the pictures below has a very time sitting for ANY amount of time.  We have worked all year with him in finding behavior and attention strategies that work.  I looked at my para about halfway through the puppy visit and said, "We just needed (insert name) to have a Theo all year".  It is amazing to me how dogs can be so therapeutic for kids.  It was so sweet to see Theo respond to him and just sit on his lap, almost like he understood this little guy needed him.