Saturday, May 16, 2009

Loving The Great Outdoors






















As you can all tell I got a few pictures of the pups today! It's amazing to see how much they have grown and progressed in just two days. On Thursday I dewormed them, and then took them outside for just a little while to see how they would react to their new surroundings. On Thursday they just all cuddled up in a ball and lay there. They had just eaten so maybe their bellies were full and were content, but today was a totally different scenario. I let them run outside for a while again and they were all over the place. They put their little noses to the ground and really explored the new environment. They were really investigating things and some of them were more content exploring on their own than others. Others would whine a little when they found themselves alone then would hurry to catch up with their siblings. They are growing up so fast and turning into beautiful pups! I also had to change from carpet to wood chips yesterday because the mess is continually getting larger. I changed carpet on Thursday and by Friday morning it was a complete mess so I decided it was time to put them on wood chips to make my job a little easier. They still have just a little square of carpet on top of the wood bedding that they really love to sleep on. Its pretty cute to watch how they all pile on top of each other when it is nap time. Now that they are really exploring I plan to take them out everyday to see how they react to different challenges outside. I also spent a little time and separated the males from females today to see who does what and get a better feel for the pups. This the first time I've done so and its kind of fun to compare the pups this way. I hope you enjoy all the new pics and they are all doing great! I don't know if you guys realized this or not, but if you click on the pictures in the blog it enlarges them so you can get a better look at the pups.