Thursday, April 22, 2010

2 Days Old

The pups are looking great and I wish I had something exciting to tell you like their eyes are opened or they are starting to jump out of the whelping box, but we will have to wait a few weeks for that!! They pretty much just eat, sleep, and whimper when they can't find their brothers or sisters and mom. One did lock up on point this morning at a bird in the window sill, so I know that natural instinct is there. I was just a second too late with the camera so I don't have any hard evidence of that (haha ok maybe I'm getting ahead of myself) As the next few weeks go along you'll start to pick up on some of my humor. They are all very healthy and it looks like Belle did a great job of cleaning of their cords so there shouldn't be any problems with hernia's. I've never had one with any of the pups b/c Belle is such a great momma! Tomorrow I will be clipping their dew claws so there will be a little crying going on, but usually it is pretty quick and they cry more becuase they don't know where Belle is. Remi (my female out of the last Belle Baker litter) has pretty much gotten used to the pups already. When I let her out the first couple times when the pups were just born her hair would stand on end and she would stand at the edge of the box and sniff and look, but now she doesn't pay much attention to them when she's walking by. She occasionally goes and takes a look at her brothers and sisters and I can't help but think that she's thinking I can't wait til they get a little older so I have someone new to harass and play with! She has been really good with it all. I wasn't sure how it would go b/c she has pretty much had ulimited access to her mommy from the day she was born. I had to get up the first night at 4 am b/c she was barking in her kennel, but other than that she has been really good about it. Anyway I took a few pictures yesterday and today so you can look and enjoy.