Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Puppy Pictures 1 Day Old

Here are a few pictures of the puppies from yesterday its hard to get a real good look at them because Belle has them all snuggled in so closely to keep them safe and warm. I'll try to get a few of the pups when Belle is out going potty later and then post them. They are all very close in size and color there are a couple that are lighter but not too much. One things about Belle's pups is that they have always been very uniform in size and color she is a great mama! Yesterday was a pretty big day, and unfortunately I couldn't be there. This is the first time of all of Belle's litters I had to be gone. Robyn had to work in the morning so I stayed home just in case anything would happen in the morning knowing that Robyn would be around all afternoon. Anyway, The first pup was born at about 1:30 and the last sometime between 10:30 and 12:00. My son called at 10:30 and let Belle out before bed and there was still only 8 and he thought she was done, so when I got home at 12:00 it was a pleasant suprise to count 9 puppies. Robyn thought I miscounted but I was right!!! (which doesn't happen too often, I like to think I'm right but usually my wife is!) There were plenty of visitors yesterday to see the pups being born. Its kinda funny Belle is a pretty big hit with our family. We had everyone from Moms, Dads, Grandmas, friends, Nieces and nephews come to watch at some point and time. Needless to say they will have plenty exposure to people. I'll get to the point and put some pictures up and stop rambling on!!


If you look closely there's a pup snuggled up under Belle's chin. You might have to click on it and enlarge it to see. Pretty cute!!




It's almost as Belle is smiling and is proud of her accomplishment!