Sunday, May 9, 2010

My brother was home this weekend with his wife Nicki and Gunner so we took them out yesterday and worked with some birds. Gunner is a black male out of Belle's very first litter, and is pretty much a stud!!! He has a nose on him that you wouldn't believe and slams his points. There is an APLA event in a couple weeks in SD that I would like to take Gunner to. Gunner is a CP already so he'd be running for his APR so we bought some quail and did some work with the dogs. They weren't the best flying birds in the world, but it was great to get Belle, Remi, and Gunner on the birds again. They loved it, and Jeremy and I had our fair share of fun shooting some birds again. Gunner had some real nice points and if Jeremy thinks he will handle for me I am going to take him to get his APR title. He is going to be gone that weekend. I'd like to take Rems but I don't thinks she's quite ready for the game. The way Belle was pointing she would do well, but I with all the pups It doesn't work so well. Anyway it was fun to get the dogs on some birds again.