Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days now. My computer had some issues so I was waiting on a friend of mine to come by and take a look at it, so for now he dropped me a loner so I can keep everybody posted. The pups have changed a ton since I lasted posted. They have been out in the yard everyday since I first let them out, and they are getting fast! They are checking things out more and more and they love to play with your feet and/or whatever else they can get ahold of! They respond pretty well to me when I call for them and clap my hands they come running to see what all the excitement is about. They are starting to enjoy doing their own thing more and more and aren't concerned so much with what all their brothers and sisters are doing. They are a starting to growl and bark in a playful tone with each other and me and are so much fun to just sit and watch. I snapped a couple pictures of a them peeking their heads up over the top of the whelping box. A few of them are getting ever so close to pulling themselves over the side and climbing out. They get themselves pulled up with their back legs hanging but don't quite have enough strength to make it all the way over. It will only be a matter of time before one of them gets lucky and uses his/her brothers and sisters as a step ladder to make it the rest of the way over. When that day comes I will open up the front of the box and give them some more room to roam and start marking them with nail polish. They are getting to the point where their personalilies are starting to show so I am going to do that in the next couple days so I can keep track of what pup does what. They also had their first exposure to real food. At 4.5 weeks they are ready to start eating some wet food and give Belle somewhat of a break from nursing. They also were introduced to water earlier this week. They drink some and they play with it a lot. They stick their paws in and occasionally tip it over. Anyway they are all doing great and getting closer and closer to meeting their new families.