Monday, May 3, 2010

Hey everyone here are a few pictures from the last couple days. I've been slacking so I'll try make up for it the next couple days. It was my wife's birthday today so I figured I better give her a little more attention than the puppies because she definately deserves it. Robyn often goes unmentioned and unseen in the blog, but she actually does more work than she gets credit for. She works two days a week and between getting our kids from place to place, taking care of our just about 9 month old, and now watching over the 9 extra babes, as well as Belle and Remi all the time she stays pretty busy. Like I said she does a lot of work with the dogs and pups and I have her to thank that everything goes so smoothly. As for the pups they are wonderful. They were really starting to walk around on all fours today instead of scooting on their bellies. They are pretty shaky yet, and I don't look for any of them to be doing any 100 yard retrieves in the next week, but they are making progress. Before we know they are going to be running too fast for me to catch up to and I'm sure finding their way out of the whelping box. Their eyes still aren't open and I know I keep saying it, they will be open any day. They have little slits where you can see the blacks of their eyes. Tomorrow they will be getting their first round of dewormer. Last night I changed the carpet and the one pictures is of them laying on the carpet while I was cleaning. As you can see Remi has taken pretty nicely to them and she treats them like they are her babies. I'll often go out there and see some of the pups snuggled up under her and the others by Belle for warmth. It just amazes me how the female gender and a mother have those instincts so naturally. She cleans up after them and takes care of them just like Belle would and It has gotten me more excited when the time comes for her to be a mother too b/c I know she is learning and is going to follow in Belle's footsteps. I have a short video that I am going to upload after this post so it should be in there in the morning for everyone.