Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The puppies eyes are looking a lot less glassy today. They are starting to get very cute, and its tough to find a puppy that is cuter than a lab. I think if someone invented a way to keep them little they would be a millionaire! They are making more and more puppy noises when they are laying around. Lots of moaning, whining, squeeling, whimpering. Its fun just to sit and listen and watch them even though they don't do a lot yet. This is one of my favorite stages just because it is so relaxing to just sit and watch them. Belle is spending less time in the whelping box, a lot because they get around so much better now and they pretty much follow her and try feed no matter where she lays in the box. She likes to lay in her kennel now. I think Remi has officially gone off the deep end now though because when Belle is not in there she is! I thought her cleaning up after them was pretty amazing, but last night when I went out there to put her in bed for the night she was laying by the pups and letting them suck on her. Its almost like she is starting to think she is their mother??? She is probably going to have a harder time letting go of the pups than Belle will! She literally was laying there as if she had milk and about half the pups were basically using her as a pacifier. Like I said I'm not sure if she's gone off the deep end? haha. It is reassuring to me that she is going to be a great mother someday. Belle has always been a great teaching tool for Remi when it comes to the training, finding birds, hunting, etc... Remi is always watching her when we're out working and she learns so much from her watchful keen eye. Little did I know Belle would teach her to be a great mother someday too! They really have a special relationship, and there aren't too many dogs that I know of that would let another dog close to her pups let alone help take care of them. It just goes to show how calm a temperement Belle has and also shows the trust she has in Remi. We also got a few pictures of my youngest daughter Gracyn and the puppies. She is an absolute dog lover. Belle, Remi, and the pups make a pretty good babysitter for me!! The other day I set Gracyn in her high chair by the door so she could watch the dogs out the window. She literally sat there for 30-40 minutes just watching and entertaining herself. She is going to have a special relationship with Belle, Remi, and the pups, and its safe to say she is a dog lover like her daddy!