Sunday, May 23, 2010

The pups are getting better looking by the day, and changing so much. We had our first escape artist yesterday. One of the females got out of the whelping box twice yesterday, so it wont be long until the rest of them follow in her footsteps. Maddy and I painted their nails this morning so I can start taking mental notes about what types of things they do. I can tell a couple of them apart just by looking, but they are all so close we need a little something more to help keep them apart. Some use collars, but I have found in the past that they never seem to stay on. I let them out this morning before church for about an hour while they were fed and I cleaned the whelping box. In only 2 weeks from today a good majority of them will be going home and then you can have your fun with them. They absolutely love their feeding time as you can tell from the picture. Three pups to a plate and they are pretty intense when the food comes out. Their little tails go straight out and they get down to business. There are a couple hogs that seem to cover the whole plate with their body so the others can't get at the food, but they all get their portions. Belle is feeding them less so I have been pushing the puppy food the last couple days. I gave them a little hard food this morning and they loved that about as much as the wet food.